Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

open doors art project

I would like to start by apologizing for my lack of posts in the last week. I've been travelling a bit and it's been difficult to keep up with the blog. The good news is that I have lots of ideas for upcoming posts and blog developments in March. 


A friend of mine recently told me about this amazing art intervention project in Funchal, Madeira called ‘Project Arte Portas Abertas’ where people from the community are invited to adopt and paint the old and forgotten doors of houses, shops and spaces that were abandoned and had deteriorated in the city of Funchal. This project’s aim is to "open the city to artistic and cultural events”. I think it’s a great way to bring together a community of artists and work toward a more dynamic environment for all. 
photo source

 They have set up a great website to view the painted doors. Check it out here: source 

No comments:

Post a Comment